Things to consider
Things to consider when hiring Sugar Loaf Barn
Provisional dates: These will only be held for a maximum of 2 weeks, then released. All bookings must be submitted on an official booking form with a deposit paid to secure a selected date.
Disabled access: Wheelchair and disabled access is possible by entry via the front of the Venue Barn.
Confetti: Please do not throw paper confetti outside of the Venue Barn. Dried rose petals or dried flowers may be used outside instead. Candles/tea lights: If wishing to use candles to decorate the barn, please discuss this prior to the event with the Venue Manager, as some candles may not be permitted.
Car Parking: Cars should be parked in the main car park unless otherwise directed. The bridal car may pull up to the front of the barn for the bride/couple to alight and then must use the car park. Cars that are left over night are left at the owners’ risk. We do not provide security. All cars must be removed by 10.00 a.m. the following day
Alcohol: Guests are only permitted to supply their own Table wines/champagnes. No other alcohol is permitted unless otherwise agreed by the Venue Manager and noted in the contract. All subsequent drinks must be bought from the cash bar unless agreed by the Venue Manager. There will be no corkage charged for Table wines/champagnes.
For receptions: Entertainment and music at the reception must end by midnight. The venue must be vacated by 1.00 a.m. the following day. Please be mindful of our immediate neighbours, and remind your guests to leave quietly
Health & Safety: All electrical equipment brought on to the venue must have a current PAT test certificate or stamp. All setting up at high level must be carried and supervised by approved contractors, and The Sugar Loaf Barn holds no responsibility over those procedures. However The Sugar Loaf Barn does retain the right to suspend or stop any works being carried out if deemed dangerous to personnel or facilities.
Music: Music should be kept to a reasonable level (maximum 95dB) and reduced if requested by The Sugar Loaf Barn staff or limited automatically at that level.
Catering: The capacity of the Venue Barn for seated meals is 80-130 guests dependent upon room layout. Please discuss this with the Venue Manager prior to making your booking. The Sugar Loaf Barn does not provide catering but has a preferred caterers. Please note that any caterers contracted by the booking party must be noted on the Wedding Details Form.
Kitchen: For health & safety reasons, this area is out of bounds to any guests.
Access to venue: Is provided from 10.00am on the Wednesday prior to the event for you to decorate and set up. Please use existing fixings and do not knock anything into the walls. No floor covering should be used. Any decoration to enhance the venue is to be removed by 4 pm the following day.
Photography: If the photographer needs to visit the venue before the event, an appointment must be made.
Smoking: Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside any of the buildings at Sugar Loaf Barn. except in the Venue yard.
Fireworks: Fireworks and Chinese lanterns are NOT permitted, as it is a working farm.
Safety: The venue staff on duty at the event are representatives of the licence holder and are empowered to suspend an event if licence, or health and safety guidelines, are being ignored.
Responsible person: It would help if a nominated person could be named for any questions or problems that may occur on the day, not the bride or groom!!
Children: You must ensure children in your party are properly supervised at all times, in all areas of the farm, including the play area and all amenities.
Camping: Open fires and ground level barbecues are not permitted.. The use of generators is not permitted on site. Cutting or damaging trees and other vegetation is strictly prohibited and the natural conditions are not to be disturbed. This includes tying ropes to, or driving nails into trees.
Summary Booking Terms – The Small Print
Here at Sugarloaf Barn we have tried to make our terms of business as straight forward as possible. We have provided a summary of the key terms below, but these must be read in conjunction with our full Terms and Conditions. If however, you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with us before you sign.
1. What happens if I cancel? For all events, there needs to be an agreed ‘cancellation policy’, as cancellations cost money. Ours works as follows:
DATE OF CANCELLATION CANCELLATION CHARGE PAYABLE BY YOU Between Deposit payment and 6 months prior to the event 20% of the total booking value Between 6 months and 2 months prior to the event 50% of the total booking value Less than 2 months prior to the event 100% of the total booking value
2. Could The Sugar Loaf Barn cancel my booking? In this highly unlikely event that The Sugar Loaf Barn has to cancel your booking, you’ll receive all your advance payments, but The Sugar Loaf Barn will not have any other liability. The Sugar Loaf Barn will only cancel your event if: – any part of the venue is closed or unavailable due to events beyond our control – if you, or we, become insolvent, or in the case of bankruptcy petition – the persons associated with the booking and/or the purpose of the meeting or event might damage the reputation of The Sugar Loaf Barn.
3. Can I change my guest numbers? Yes, provided they do not exceed the maximum capacity for the Barn you will be hiring. 4. Availability, Music and Decoration The venue is available from the Wednesday at 10.a.m. prior to the event and up to 4pm on the following day (except for the Bridal Suite – see conditions below). No music can be played outside the buildings at any time. All music must finish by midnight on the day of the event. All site decoration must be cleared away by 4pm. on the following day.
5. Catering Any outside suppliers must provide copies of insurance and food & hygiene certificates. Any food remaining after the event needs to be disposed of on the same day and taken away by the caterers. All equipment, etc must be collected the following day before 4 pm It is the responsibility of the person making the booking to ensure the Caterers are aware of this requirement and adhere to it. We will not be held responsible for the security of any equipment whilst on site. 6. Bridal Accommodation Access to the Bridal Suite will be available from 10 a.m. on the Thursday prior to the date of the event The Bridal accommodation must be vacated by 10 a.m. the Monday after the event. The Bridal Suite sleeps 8, at no point should there be any more than 8 persons sleeping in the Bridal Suite.
7. General We are concerned with your Health and Safety and that of our staff. The Sugar Loaf Barn reserves the right to refuse admission The Sugar Loaf Barn cannot be held responsible for damage or loss of another Party’s property, however caused. The wedding party will be liable for the cost of repairs carried out as a result of any damage caused to any part of the Venue by negligence or wilful act by any person invited to the Venue by you or your suppliers. Should you fail to correct any aspect of poor or unacceptable behaviour, you may be asked to leave the premises. Should this happen, no monies will be refunded to you. The Venue Manager reserves the right at all times under all circumstances to refuse admittance or service to any person or persons considered undesirable