Quick check list
- SLEEPS 2- 8: 4 luxury bedrooms, with lovely linen, duvets and wooly blankets included. Two master bedrooms, with king-size beds, tv’s and dressing gowns included. A further double bedroom, plus a single / twin bedroom.
- COOKING & DINING: Large, five star finish kitchen, large electric Britannia 6 hob / double over range, large SMEG fridge freezer, SMEG dishwasher, Washer/dryer, double Butler sink, incredibly well equipped with a welcome basket awaiting your arrival. Lovely wooden dining table seating 8 comfortably.
- RELAXING: 3 huge leather sofas, large television with free sat, Playstation 3, DVD, IPod Dock, wi-fi. PSP3 Games library and DVD library available. Outside there is a five seat hot tub with sound and light system, included in the price.
- BATHING: 3 bathrooms in total, A luxury wet room with basin, a shower room with basin and loo, a further bathroom, with claw foot bath, mixer taps, loo and basin. Fluffy towels included and handmade soaps from the Sugar Loaf Soap company.
- PETS: Well behaved dogs are very welcome, please double check with us if you have more than 2. There is a large working dog kennel available, (as luxurious as the barn!) which is perfect for pets drying off after a walk, or if you need to leave your dogs alone for a few hours whilst exploring.
- OUTSIDE: Outside dining furniture and recliners in a pretty garden area, with exceptional views. Private driveway, parking and turning for two cars, more parking available behind the barn.
- FARMING: The barn is on a small (and very tidy and quiet) working farm, so, in season, there is the opportunity to help feed new born lambs and watch the countryside at work.
What to do within 15 minutes
- WALK, RIDE & CYCLE: Sugar Loaf Barn, is on the Sugar Loaf Mountain, surrounded by 200+ private acres, with fabulous walks into the Black Mountains straight from the door. The Brecon Beacons National Park is easily explored from the door by bike as well and there are several pony trekking options available nearby too.
- TOWNS: Just three miles from the market town of Abergavenny and a couple of miles further to the lovely mountain town of Crickhowell. Hay on Wye, Monmouth, Cardiff and Hereford are in easy reach too.
- HUMBLE BITES: Walk to the local pub, The Crown at Pantygelli, 20 minutes across the fields and lanes, or 3 minutes by car.
- POSH NOSH: The Hardwick is a Sugar & Loaf favourite, within 10 minutes drive, near Abergavenny, Michelin starred chef Stephen Terry is at the helm, ensuring delicious food. The Michelin starred Walnut Tree Inn is well worth a visit too, just 10 minutes away as well, booking is recommended for both.
- RAINY DAYS: There is a great little cinema in Abergavenny as well as a soft play area for under 8’s and a milk shake bar great for post walk treats! Llangorse Activity Centre has a large indoor climbing wall for all abilities and one Europe’s longest zip wires.